Message from the Superintendent's Office
Wayne City CUSD#100 administration and health services would like to update students and parents about concerns regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its potential impact on schools. At this time, we are closely monitoring recommendations as information changes rapidly. For several weeks, the custodial staff have been following the the routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures as advised by the CDC.
The IDPH also recommends the way to protect against the coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include:
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or sleeve.
- Do not touch your face with with your hands, especially if hands are unwashed
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home if you have cold and flu-like symptoms
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
We will update you as soon as there are any significant changes in recommendations for schools.